Welcome to the blog of Jenny Silliman!
I am a homemaker, a wife to Cliff since 1980 and a mother of eight wonderful children ages 26 to 5, as of this writing, Fall 2008. I am a Christian with a desire to encourage others as they seek to follow the Lord Jesus. I especially enjoy sharing and encouraging other mothers and homemakers. I have an e-newsletter (to subscribe send a blank e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org ) and I have posted many of my writings on this blog, and some of my lists. Hope they are a blessing to you and an encouragement.
I have self-published some of my lists (Jenny's Twenty Lists), several booklets, and I have a lot more in the works. Following is info about the books that are available via mail order. Please visit my blog again for news of my latest!
Here is an order form you can print out and postal mail...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ORDER FORM TO PRINT AND POSTAL MAIL
for booklets by Jenny Silliman
Quantity Title Price
______ Prov. 31 Woman Coloring Book $5.00 _____
_____ Say Yes To Life $5.00 _____
_____Jenny's Twenty Lists $7.00 _____
_____Home Remedies $5.00_____
_____Breastfeeding & Fertility $12.00____
Shipping in U.S. is $5 per order for 1 to 7 booklets.
For larger orders contact Jenny for shipping cost.
All tax included in prices. Total enclosed: $ ______
Please send order with a check in US funds only to:
Jenny Silliman, 931 S. 7th, Sequim, WA 98382
Your Full Name: _____________________
Prices effective until October 2008
Brochures available upon request.
Contact Jenny for quantity discount information.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER !
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The following lists are from a booklet still in process:
"Jenny’s Twenty Lists for the Christian"
by Jenny Silliman, HEART & HOME Publications
Jenny’s twenty Scriptures about how God desires to hear our voices when we pray.
1. Psalm 55:16, 17 "As for me, I will call upon God, and the Lord shall save me. Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, and he shall hear my voice.
2. Psalm 77:1 "I cried out to God with my voice—to God with my voice; and He gave ear to me in the day of my trouble."
3. Psalm 88:1 "O Lord, God of my salvation, I have cried out day and night before You. Let my prayer come before You; incline Your ear to my cry. "
4. Job 34:28 "He hears the cry of the afflicted."
5. Psalm 141:1 "Lord, I cry out to You; make haste to me! Give ear to my voice when I cry out to You."
6. Psalm 28: 1,2 "To You I will cry, O Lord my Rock: do not be silent to me…hear the voice of my supplications when I cry to You, when I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary."
7. Acts 4:24 "They raised their voice to God with one accord…"
8. Matthew 27:46 "About the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying ‘My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?’"
9. Deut. 26:7 "Then we cried out to the Lord God of our fathers, and the Lord heard our voice and looked on our affliction and our labor and our oppression."
10. Genesis 21:17 "And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, ‘What ails you, Hagar? Fear not, for God has heard the voice of the lad where he is."
11. Psalm 3:4 "I cried to the Lord with my voice, and He heard me from His holy hill."
12. Psalm 5:1-3 "Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation. Give heed to the voice of my cry, my King and my God, for unto You I will pray. My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning I will direct it to You and I will look up."
13. Proverbs 2:2-5 "Yes, if you cry out for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding, if you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures; then you will understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God."
14. Psalm 61:1,2 "Hear my cry, O God; attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You."
15. Numbers 21:3 "And the Lord listened to the voice of Israel and delivered up the Canaanites."
16. Isaiah 58:9 "You shall call and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.’"
17. Psalm 34:17 "The righteous cry out and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles."
18. Ne. 9:4 "They stood up in their place and read from the Book of the Law of the Lord their God for one-fourth of the day; and for another fourth they confessed and worshiped the Lord their God. Then…stood on the stairs of the Levites and cried out with a loud voice to the Lord God…"
19. Psalm 140:6 "I said to the Lord, ‘You are my God; hear the voice of my supplications, O Lord.’"
20. Song of Solomon 2:14 "O my dove…let me see your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely."
Jenny's Twenty Favorite Scriptures on Prayer
1. Matthew 18:19 "I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask,
it will be done for them by My Father in heaven."
2. I Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
3. Psalm 3:4 "I cried to the Lord with my voice, and He heard me from His holy hill."
4. Psalm 77:1 "I cried out to God with my voice—to God with my voice; and He gave ear to me in the day of my trouble."
5. Matthew 6:6 "When you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly."
6. Romans 8:25, 26 "If we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. Likewise the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings with cannot be uttered."
7. Luke 11:1 "As He was praying in a certain place, when He ceased once of His disciples said to Him, "Lord, teach us to pray…’ So He said to them, ‘When you pray, say ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’"
8. I Peter 5:7 "Cast all your burdens upon Him, for He cares for you."
9. Zechariah 4:6 "Not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit says the Lord."
10. Acts 2:42 "The disciples continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers."
11. Hebrews 4:16 "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."
12. James 5:16 "The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."
13. Colossians 1:3,4 "We give thanks to God praying always for you since we heard of your faith and your love for all the saints."
14. I Timothy 2:1 "I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence."
15. Proverb 21:1 "The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes."
16. James 5: 13 "Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray...Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up."
17. I Corinthians 14:14 "If I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays...I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with my understanding also."
18. Mark 1:35 "In the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed."
19. Psalm 5:1-3 "Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation. Give heed to the voice of my cry, my King and my God, for unto You I will pray. My voice You shall hear in the morning."
20. Isaiah 40:31 "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faith."